Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Firefox refuses to remember the URLs typed (fixed)

I had problems in the last month with Firefox which refused to remember the URLs I typed in the address bar.

There is a fuzzy Mozilla article that says to fix bookmarks problems. However it applies also to the problem described above. The article says that deleting the 'places.sqlite' will solve the problem but you will loose some data (like addresses/bookmarsk/browsing history).
So, I backed up my profile and deleted that file to see what happens. To my great surprise, it fixed the bug and my addresses were not lost. Just delete the 'places.sqlite' (backup first!). That's it.


------------------------------------
Hint: If you are a Win 7 user, your places.sqlite file is located here:

c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ARandomNumberHere.default\places.sqlite

No comments:

Post a Comment